by Daphne MacNeil
I have recently been asked the following questions:
What is one book that left a lasting impression on you?
What are some books that you recommend to others?
Who are your favourite authors?
These questions sent me on a journey. A journey that caused me to search high and low for the not so obvious hiding places of all of my books. Upon reviewing my collection, I began to list the names of the books that I had read in 2014. As I scanned the growing number of stacks of books, key themes/categories begin to jump out at me. My book collection begins to tell its own unique story ~ a story that will form the bases of another 1, 2 or 3 future posts.
For now I will leave you with a short-listing of books that I have read over the past year (2014) and a bit. Books that have left a lasting impression upon me for a variety of reasons. Books whose authors share something in common with me; authors who in some way shape or form, became mentors along the path which I have chosen ~ my life’s journey.
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- Power vs Force by David Hawkins
- Return to Love by Marianne Williamson
- A Woman’s Worth by Marianne Williamson
- Quiet by Susan Cain (I have signed up to the Quiet Revolution which Susan is leading)
- Daring Greatly by Brene Brown
- The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success by Deepak Chopra
- Super Brain by Deepak Chopra
- Drive by Daniel Pink
- The Untethered Soul by Michael Singer
I leave you with this quote:
“Not that the story need be long, but it will take a long while to make it short.” ~ Henry David Thoreau
This quote speaks to me today as I appreciate the amount of time I invest in writing and researching each post before publishing .
Practice makes perfect ~ Happy Sunday!